February 12, 2021
If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the course of my lifetime, it’s that we learn through interaction with others and we grow by exposing our experience to others who have already learned what we need to learn. Call them what you will: parents, teachers, coaches, pastors, guides… there is a lot to be learned if we open ourselves up to it. Listed below are 5 books that helped me to learn and grow (and continue to do so) as a person and as a deliberate creator in this world. I want to share them with you in case any of these books/authors can help you on your journey. Note that as an Amazon Associate, I earn money from qualifying purchases.
1. I first discovered the Law of Attraction and the concept that I am the creator of my reality when many other people did – when the book The Secret came out in 2006. So I have to start with that one first. If you are new to the concept of LOA, then it’s worth reading. It gives a nice overview of the basic principles of deliberate creation.
The Secret by Rhonda Byrne on Amazon
2. I love Denise Duffield-Thomas and her no-nonsense approach to creating your best life. In her book, Get Rich, Lucky Bitch, she describes how she used the Law of Attraction to attain financial success (with insights and hands-on exercises to help you shift your attitude to achieve your goals, too).
Get Rich, Lucky Bitch by Denise Duffield-Thomas on Amazon
3. I refer to Abraham-Hicks on a near daily basis because they have answers to every conceivable question about how to live a life of wellbeing and joy. Abraham-Hicks is the name given to the co-creation of inspirational speaker/author Esther Hicks and the “group consciousness from the non-physical dimension” that she channels, known as Abraham. It may sound out there, but regardless of what you believe, there is great wisdom to be heard from Abraham-Hicks. Look them up on YouTube for a plethora of short video/audio recordings from Esther’s workshops to get a sense of what they discuss. I’ve read many of their books, but Ask and It is Given is probably my favorite because it offers tangible processes for manifesting what you want.
Ask and It is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks on Amazon
4. While Byron Katie is not what I would categorize as a Law of Attraction guru, her core philosophy is about acceptance and allowing, which is an important part of manifesting. In her seminal work, Loving What Is, she lays down her process (called “The Work”) for looking at different viewpoints of issues in your life and learning to love life by way of loving what is happening in your life, rather than resisting it. It’s not about giving up and resigning oneself to one’s fate, though. It is about accepting responsibility, acknowledging the beliefs and stories that we tell ourselves that cloud our judgments and how we make ourselves miserable needlessly (and how to stop doing that).
Loving What Is by Byron Katie on Amazon
5. This is a short one, but a goody. This is the type of book that you can read again and again and learn new things each time. Dissolve the Problem, by Richard Dotts, is a simple philosophy that recategorizes problems as neither positive nor negative, to help us learn to live lives of wellbeing, connected to our true selves, regardless of what is happening in our lives at any given moment.
Dissolve the Problem by Richard Dotts on Amazon
All of the books that I’ve noted in this post are favorites of mine because they open up worlds of possibility for learning how to live our best lives. They interconnect in their basic tenet that each of us is in charge of our own reality, which we can learn to manipulate and control by learning to control our thoughts. You are here on this Earth to experience joy and to expand and grow as an intelligent being. I hope that one or more of these books resonates with you and helps open doors for you that you may not have known existed before.
Do you have a favorite Law of Attraction book? Share with me in the comments!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 06, 2022
October 13, 2021
May 09, 2021