The Best Whipped Coffee Recipe
This may come as a shock, but it’s not always about jewelry.
I know, crazy, right?
Sometimes, it’s actually all about coffee…a basic necessity in my life and maybe in yours, too.
Today, I want to share the BEST summer coffee recipe I’ve ever made (and continue to make on an almost daily basis!).
Have you heard of whipped coffee? Have you TRIED whipped coffee? If you have, then ‘nuf said. If you haven’t, get your bunchkins to the store immediately and buy yourself some instant espresso because you will need it for this recipe. Everything else you undoubtedly have in your kitchen (water and sugar).
The recipe is a one to one to one ratio of ingredients, so feel free to make more or less. I generally make four servings at a time, which is a good amount of ingredients to beat with a mixer. Anything less is harder to beat.
WHIPPED COFFEE RECIPE
¼ cup instant coffee or instant espresso granules
4 fl.oz hot water
¼ cup granulated sugar
6-8 oz of your favorite milk (can be dairy or dairy-free)
Flavor syrups (optional) - I alternate between almond and vanilla
- Hand mixer
- Large bowl
- Pour instant espresso granules, sugar, and hot water into the bottom of a large bowl (it needs to be LARGE and you will see why very soon…)
- Beat on low for a few seconds, just until ingredients are mixed
- Now move beaters to the highest speed. Since the mix is still very liquid-y, it will spray. Hence the LARGE bowl!
- Keep beating on high until the mixture lightens to a pale golden latte color and you have stiff peaks. Beaters may vary, but it takes mine just 2-3 minutes to get there.
- Prepare a mug with cold milk of choice. You can use hot milk, too, BTW.
- If you want to use optional flavor syrups, you can mix a little into your milk now. This is NOT necessary for amazingly tasty whipped coffee, though!
- Using a rubber spatula, dollop some of the whipped coffee into your mug on top of the milk.
CAUTION: this coffee is highly caffeinated and may cause you to accomplish a lot of things in a short period of time.
Let me know how you liked it!
And if you're like, 'Naaahh, it really is just all about the jewelry', here are some coffee-inspired earrings for you.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.